A small headframe on the West Shaft around 1910
Located west of the Copper Queen Open Cut and incline, this early working was established by 1882. On an early map it appears that a horse whim was installed for hoisting. This shaft was part of the original Copper Queen Mine. This would result in the shaft being around 50ft. deep. An early map show extensive workings leading from shaft to the Copper Queen Incline and around the edge of the Copper Queen open cut. During the 1890s there was no headframe over the shaft, but a small headframe and ore bins appear in photos taken around 1910 although, the mine, does not seem to be in operation at the time.