Thompson’s Shaft

 

 

Little is known about this working it was located on the Wade Hampton property and is possibly only another term for the Wade Hampton Shaft. At the time shafts, were often referred to by the name of the lessee operating them, like the Charon shaft after John Charon. The only record of this mine is found on a card recording a specimen of chalcocite altering to malachite recovered during the mineralogical work of 1914.

graemite@hotmail.com.

© 2013 by Doug Graeme